- Reinventing the wheel is not a good idea. That is why the KWWidgets team decided to undertake a comparison study of some existing UI designers, to mimic and discard the good and the bad in the implementations of these existing applications. This section has links to the comparison criteria that was used for the study as well as the results of the study.
- You can find the most up-to-date comparison criteria list here.
- Study results and conclusions for Glade are found here.
- Study results and conclusions for Qt-designer are found here.
- Study results and conclusions for Visual Studio are found here.
- Study results and conclusions for NetBeans are found here.
- Here you will find the summary of features our application should provide based on the results of the undertook comparison study of existing UI designers.
Note: There exist many UI designers for many various purposes and platforms today. To undertake a study for ALL of them is out of the reach of this project.